Get to the Point
Get to the point
In his book Get to the Point, Joel Schwartzberg tells us that most of us don’t know how to make a point. I was skeptical at first, but after reading the first three chapters, he had me convinced.
Fortunately, I read Joel’s book several days before hosting a recent webinar on Will Forward Thinking Narratives Define the Great Workplaces of the 21st Century?
I thoroughly revised my presentation when I applied what I learned from Joel. Below are six points from my presentation:
I believe that Forward Thinking Narratives Will Define The Great Workplaces of the 21st Century and are:
• A powerful way to lead yourself or your organization forward into the future.
• Can begin where you are with a simple intention or question.
• Create a generative holding space for new possibilities.
• Help us have conversations that otherwise wouldn’t happen.
• Help us move from living in the past to creating the future.
• Provide a framework that helps us focus our attention, make sense, and build understanding.
I highly recommend Joel’s book. It’s a quick read and will immediately help you make better points.
View or download a PDF of the webinar presentation here.
Also, Dean Rotbart, past managing editor at the Wall Street Journal, did an excellent interview with Joel on his MondayMorningRadio.com show that you won’t want to miss.
What’s your point?